There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff Review ~ Books,Apps,Life

Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff Review

There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff Cover Page

There is No Dog by Meg Rosoff is a book with a weird genre mix of humour, romance, and post apocalyptic. It is based on the idea that God is actually an immortal teenager named Bob. Just a note, this book may offend some reads because of this. 

Ever wondered why its raining? Well, Bob is probably just sad. You see, when he created the world Bob tied the weather to his emotions. So, when he's happy it's sunny and when he's in love, well watch out. The weather's unpredictable,  hail falling one minute and warm the  next.  Bob doesn't care that the world's flooding, no he is self-centered and only cares about the one he loves. In this way he kind of reminds me of Romeo, who loves a woman so much he doesn't see what its doing to the world around him.  Despite being self-centered and a general pain, I found myself cheering for Bob; he was in a job he didn't want and had a mother who didn't care about him.(She even gambled away his pet Eck, who happened to be the last Eck in the universe).  

Also, I felt sorry for Mr. B, Bob's assistant. He took care of Bob and the Earth, but never got the respect he deserved. Also, ever time Bob falls in love he has to deal with the consequences.   Even though I liked the cast of characters and the unique, but weird idea, I didn't like the worldbuliding, which  was almost  non-exstient. I would have liked to hear what Bob's house or the zoo looked like, but the book was void of these descriptions.   

My major gripe with this book was its ending.  The book wrapped up within twenty pages leaving way to many lose strings. Overall, this book was a fast read that felt cramped into 242 pages.  I would have rated this book higher if it had been longer and had more description.  


My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment